Who can become a member?
Membership Eligibility Criteria:
- Licensed to practice within the state of Oregon as a doctor of medicine (MD) or osteopathy (DO)
- Practice within the Portland Metropolitan or Vancouver, Washington area
- Medical staff member at a Participating Institution
- Maintain medical malpractice coverage with limits of $1,000,000. Per occurrence / $3,000,000. Aggregate.
How much does membership cost?
- One-time initial membership fee - $300.00 (with an option to purchase voting stock for $1.00)
- Annual dues - $30.00 per commercial contract (Coventry/First Health, MultiPlan/PHCS/Beechstreet, and PacificSource)
- No fee to participate in Medicare or Medicaid contracts
- Members are required to participate in at least one group contract
Which health plans does Portland IPA contract with?
The Portland IPA contracts with the following health plans:
- Coventry/First Health
- Providence Medicare and Oregon Health Plan
What is the process to become a member?
To start the application process, call Rich Ulbricht at 503.731.7504
Payment for IPA membership and contract dues is made prior to application approval. Once your application has been approved, a Participating Practitioner Agreement and all contract attachments associated with your clinic will be emailed to you. The effective date of membership is determined by receipt of the signed Participating Practitioner Agreement and fees.