Who can become a member?
Membership Eligibility Criteria:
- Licensed to practice within the state of Oregon as a doctor of medicine (MD) or osteopathy (DO)
- Practice within the Portland Metropolitan or Vancouver, Washington area
- Board Certified, or scheduled to take the board exam
- Medical staff member at a Participating Institution or meet the criteria set forth by the Credentialing Committee and approved by the IPA Board if there are no applicable hospital privileges
- Maintain medical malpractice coverage with limits of $1,000,000. Per occurrence / $3,000,000. Aggregate.
How much does membership cost?
- One-time initial membership fee - $300.00 (with an option to purchase voting stock for $1.00)
- Annual dues - $30.00 per commercial contract (Coventry/First Health, MultiPlan/PHCS/Beechstreet, and PacificSource)
- No fee to participate in Medicare or Medicaid contracts
- Members are required to participate in at least one group contract
Which health plans does Portland IPA contract with?
The Portland IPA contracts with the following health plans:
- Coventry/First Health*
- FamilyCare OHP*
- Providence Medicare and Oregon Health Plan
*Indicates IPA is delegated to credential for group plan. NCQA credentialing standards are followed.
What is the process to become a member?
To start the application process, call our Credentialing Coordinator, Rich Ulbricht at 503.731.7504
Once Credentialing has been approved, a Participating Practitioner Agreement, all contract attachments associated with your clinic, and an invoice for your membership fee and contract dues will be mailed.
The effective date is of membership determined by receipt of the signed Participating Practitioner Agreement and fees.